Question about the wheel covers on my '64

46Chris

Hi,

Here's a picture of the wheel covers that came on my '64. The car came without a spare or hook to go in the mounting braket, just a weathered old rim that I need to make sure of the fit, sandblast it and mount a tire. I'm usually pretty good at locating parts, but I don't know what this style wheel cover is called. Are these "correct" for my car? Even if they're not, they're growing on me. Anyway, I'd like to find another like these for the spare, if anyone could point me in a direction.

4QC74.jpg

Thanks, Chris Rewey

Hi Chris,

The wheel pictured is not a wheel cover, as in a hubcap, but is a chrome plated steel wheel. Buick initially released this wheel on the `64 Wildcat (not the Riv) with a different center cap than what is pictured and called it the Formula Five wheel. In `65 Buick made these wheels available on the `65 Riv with the center cap pictured. A little hard to tell from the pic but if I had to guess I would say the wheel pictured (keep in mind the other 3 may not match this wheel) is an original `64 Wildcat or `65 Riv wheel. Most folks call these chrome wheels "Road Wheels" or "Rally Wheels". Hope this helps,

Tom Mooney