New guy with a 24 McLaughlin Touring car

Guest Joel E. harris

Guest Joel E. harris

Greetings,

This is Joel in Saratoga Calif. I am kinda new to this forum and new to vintage Buicks.

I ended up with an neglected 1924 McLaughlin survivor/project from a buddy and am wondering if there is anyone in the S.F. Bay area who has a 24 4 cylinder model I can look at?

The PO started taking this survivor apart, misplaced a few things and took stuff apart he didn't need to. I really need to lay my eyes on a complete one running or not to see if it is realistic to move forward with this.

Best Regards,

Joel

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Hi Joel, welcome to the Pre-War Buick Forum; stay tuned to this station for some of the very best technical help you'll find anywhere.

I just sent you a private message with the phone number of a friend of mine in the Bay Area who has a 1922 Buick Touring car and he would gladly let you take a look at his car - it should be quite similar to yours. He should be able to offer you much advice and counsel along the way.

Fred

Joel, welcome to the world of McLaughlin's. There are minor differences between US Buicks and McLaughlin Buicks. Most are cosmetic in nature such as the wood dash, exposed top mechanism, etc. The mechanical bits are all of Buick design, but mostly produced in Canada. I have a 23, but do let me know if you need pics. Would be happy to take them and pass them on to you. Email me directly at unimogjohn@aol.com

Joel,

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year to all.

My elderly parents live in Los Gatos CA and I try to visit them several times each year. I would be glad to come take a look at your car when I visit & help you get it back on the road. I have a 24 Master Series Buick and recently purchased a parts car with another 24 Buick owner in WI. Just send me a private message with your email address and a list of what you need, and I will send you photos of the parts I have on hand. Door handles, and other small parts should be the same for Mc Laughlin cars, but as John mentioned, there will be some differences.