Stewart Speedometer Gauge for '22 Buick Coupe

Guest 22Coupe

Guest 22Coupe

I am in search of a Stewart speedometer gauge for a 1922 Buick coupe and a Stewart speedometer swivel drive. I am looking for a working unit, but does not have to be restored. If you can help please call and leave message. Thank you

Gary

847-420-5565

THE PERSON THAT YOU NEED TO GET WITH ABOUT THE 1922 BUICK SPEEDOMETER AND SWIVEL DRIVE UNIT IS -

RUSS FURSTNOW

3545 WEST KILTIE LOOP

FLAGSTAFF, ARIZONA

PHONE - (928) 526-1343

EMAIL - 1stnow@msn.com

I HAVE A 1922 MODEL 48 COUPE. I WILL TRUST THAT YOU ARE WANTING THE SWIVEL UNIT FOR AN OLDER CAR. THE SPEEDOMETER CABLE ON A

1922 BUICK IS DRIVEN FROM AN INTERNAL GEAR ON THE TAILSHAFT OF THE TRANSMISSION.

TERRY WIEGAND

SOUTH HUTCHINSON, KANSAS

PHONE/FAX - (620) 665-7672

• Like 1

Guest 22Coupe

Terry,

The '22 Buick coupe I have appears all original with the speedometer cable going to the right front wheel with everything in place that is normally needed. The swivel has excess play in it. If in fact the cable should go to the transmission tail shaft, is it on the left or right side. It is dark in my garage in the winter, so I will try to take a look see. The engine is a 4 cylinder if that matters. If you could supply a picture that would be great.

Thank you for your time,

Gary

Gary,

The fact that your Buick is a 4-cylinder model DOES make a difference. That would make it a Model 36. I will readily admit that I am not as well

versed on the 4-cylinder models as the sixes. My Illustrated Parts Book does not show the piece parts for a front wheel driven speedometer. Also,

the book does not show the transmission driven speedometer internal gear. Please send me a private email and I will direct you to a good source

of information and help for your Buick.

Terry Wiegand

terrywiegand@prodigy.net

• Like 1