Wheel interchange question

Guest Lark Parker

Guest Lark Parker

I have a new set of 16" bias ply tires on a 39 Champion and they are terrible until you drive a while and they get warmed up (round again).

I also have some good whitewall radials I could use just for running around town if I can find a 4 lug wheel that will fit. I mostly make short trips and don't get to enjoy the car much with the tire flat spots.

The Champion wheel lugs/holes measure 4" center-o-cnter across.

What is the lug measurement measurement on post war Studes with 4 hole wheels?

Guest Lark Parker

I have received my answer from the SDC Forum where I also posted. The 15 inch Stude wheels will work on my 39.

I f you have Stude 4 lug 15" wheels for sale, please contact me. Thanks

Lark,

Are you looking for the 15" wheels just because you have tires that size already? I am looking at new tires for my 41 so I am interested in what others are doing for these cars. I hate the Lester bias-ply tires I have now but they are finally about worn out. Lester might make a good tire but these were purchased in 1986 and are getting pretty hard.

Nathan

Guest Lark Parker
Lark,

Are you looking for the 15" wheels just because you have tires that size already? I am looking at new tires for my 41 so I am interested in what others are doing for these cars. I hate the Lester bias-ply tires I have now but they are finally about worn out. Lester might make a good tire but these were purchased in 1986 and are getting pretty hard.

Nathan

Yes, pretty much. I have the 16's Firestones for "show" but the 15's are easier to replace. I bought a set of 16 "radial "Smoothies" for my 39 President from Diamond Back and they are excellent. A bit expensive. I once bought a set of wide whites from the other leading antique tire place and received blems. Haven't, bought from them since.