Another Bosh water Pump

charlie1

Well this Bosh water Pump lasted 10K miles and 18 months. While the lifetime guarantee is a nice selling point. This is a poor product. Yes I replaced the tensioner last time I replaced the pump. This is just a poor product. Next time I will go with the GM lifetime water Pump and let the dealer install it. I believe the labor is covered for installation if they do the work and install the parts. For 1989 Riviera

I would be interested in others that have had premature failure of the Bosh Water Pumps. They look nice and are Brand new but not worth it for me

Guest MercWagn

I assume the pump that failed is a Bosch. If so, it is important to understand that Bosch is not known for making water pumps. These pumps are most likely made by another company who has paid for rights to use the name Bosch in order to market their product. The Bosch name is now on many, many parts that they have not historically manufactured. I know there are a few quality manufacturers out there. Personally, when a high quality OEM replacement water pump was desired, I always liked Carter or TRW, both of which I believe fall under the name Federal Mogul these days. I have installed both new Carter and TRW water pumps and have never had a problem with them.

Guest HessLakeGuy

The GM water pump I installed two months ago was genuine, but manufactured in China. Same thing with the GM pump my son installed earlier this year in my Silverado. Both seemed to be good quality.