1953 Buck Skylark Lower Outer A-frame Bushing Orientation

Guest mdwhit

For the Lower Outer A-frame, I am trying to figure out which way the Bushing that threads onto the Steering Knuckle Support is oriented. I find my question hard to put into writing, but here goes…

The Bushing threads into lower end of the Steering Knuckle Support, and then placed between the outer lower A-frame arms. The Pin, is then threaded into the front arm (closest to front bumper) of the A-frame, then through the Bushing, and then through the back arm of the A-frame. At this point a nut and serrated washer is attached.

I can see in my factory manual that the head of the Pin (the end with the grease fitting) is toward the front of the car, and the end where the nut is attached, faces the rear of the car. What I can not see, is which way to turn the Bushing. I can place it so the Bushing head (where you put the 1 3/16 wrench to adjust alignment) is to closer to the front of the car, or I can flip it 180 degrees and it will be closer to the rear of the car. This may not be important (I guess), but I would hate to get this front end all together, and then realize that the alignment shop can not access the hex flats because I got the Bushing flipped!

Any help is appreciated,

Michael