need complete repair for BS code switch pitch transmission for 65 Riv so california area

Guest njb65riv

Guest njb65riv

Hi

does anybody have any suggestions on a good shop to completely go thru my bs code switch pitch transmission , its for a 1965 riviera . I am in the los angeles area Thanks ! nick

If no one suggests a shop they've personally used, any "competant" transmission shop can handle it. Its a basic tranny compared to the complex units on late model cars. All parts are readily available including rebuilt SP converters if needed. Just make sure the shop has an older guy who can do them in his sleep.

Make sure they don't deface the ID tag. Part of it is painted and may be removed when they dunk the housing in the tank for cleaning. I removed my tag prior to sending it for rebuilding just to be safe.

Before you remove it talk to the shop and tell them your concern. They may be able to protect it. The guy I used said he would try but couldn't guarentee it. Kind of a pain to remove without damaging the tag so be careful. I was able to flex the tag over the head of the rivet without damaging it then pulled the rivet out. If you grind the head off the rivet you likely will have trouble extracting it

Guest njb65riv

Thanks , i looked at it last night and was scratching my head trying to figure out how to remove it without damage and being abel to reinstall it , i think protecting in place it is the best option !

Thanks