1946 Lockout switch and carb linkage questions

I am getting waist deep into my new Champion. It was and will be a lovely car that has been neglected for many years. I did get it running today. It was off with a roar because the linkage was hung up and wouldn't let loose without my assistance. Does anyone know the most correct points to attach the return spring?

On the bell crank the tab for the lockout switch was bent out of the way. I found I only had 2/3rds of the switch and saw no terminal to attach a wire. What makes 46's switch different from a 47's? I am a long way from needing overdrive but want it to have all the correct parts and work well eventually.

By the way, this car used to belong to Alex Tonganoxie and was on the back cover of the April 1989 issue of Turning Wheels. He did some terrific work on it. I believe that everything that is good about the car is his doing.

Thank you,

Justin

Justin,

There is a slot in the firewall where it curves into the transmission tunnel. The throttle spring attaches there. I don't have a really good picture of that spot but this should show you where to look:

http://stude.vonadatech.com/images/Carb/Cleaned%20intake%20manifold.jpg

I don't have 47 in my parts books but I bet the kickdown switch is at least similar enough to interchange. Does your 46 have a Carter WE or were they still using the WA? My 41 does not have OD but I too have been collecting parts for it. Someone retrofitted a WE carb and my OD kickdown switch is on a WA but just looking at them I think the linkages are identical.

Nathan