63 trim mounting hardware

petelempert

I'm getting ready to paint my 63. I am curious about how to handle the trim mounting hardware on the stainless trim. Specifically, the trim that runs along the lower edge of the fenders and doors from the back of the front wheel well (underneath the Riv emblem) all the way to the back bumper. Once the trim is removed, there is a nylon piece that is lodged in the sheet metal. What is the best way to remove the nylon pieces so that the sheet metal can be properly stripped? From there, what is the best source for replacement nylon? I've looked at the CARS catalog and I think it's their MC-84, MC-85 and MC-86 part...but I'm not sure...and why there are three sizes? Anybody done this recently and have some advice? Thx PRL

Using a putty knife very carefully you can pry from the top or bottom and the nylon pieces pop right out. The best source for these is probably Restoration Specialties located in Windber PA. Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. | Windber, PA 15963 The moulding clips you want should be their part number 8429 & $1.50 each. Also, if you need the clips that hold the trim that runs from the rear quarter window to the back of the rear roof line is their part number 5862 @ $1.00 each. Those come with the sealer.