Have 'em stumped?

I seem to have produced a question which, except for tapping the Buick Registry at the Sloan Museum, or suggesting I look "on top of the gas tank, under the back seat, door panels, & dashboard",...appears to have BCA members stumped.<BR>Now it's your turn, folks.<BR>Can SOMEBODY please tell me how to access Build Sheet information for my '71 Buick Skylark convertible???

Guest John W. Harvey

MCS,<P>I don't think that the BCA members are stumped. When the GM's came down the assembly line, the build sheets ended up wherever the technician put them. The suggestions of "on top of the gas tank, under the back seat, door panels, & dashboard" are all accurate. In fact, I'll add a few more: under the carpet, behind the panals on the A pillar, etc. etc. etc.<BR>I know that you said you have a convertible, but just more examples: above the headliner, behind the B and C pillar panals.<P>Unless you are the original owner, there is a good chance that the build sheet is no longer in the car....especially if someone else did any restoration on the vehicle. frown.gif" border="0 <P>This information is not available from GM. Good luck in your search.....you might be the only one that is stumped!<P>John grin.gif" border="0

Guest De Soto Frank

MCS,<P>I remember running across the build sheet for my '77 Cadillac Sedan-de-Barge in the trunk, under the trunk carpeting, I think.<P>It was in none too good shape, having saturated with moisture many times; perhaps yours did not survive the years?

Frank- I like that Caddy description you use- Sedan-de-Barge strikes me as hilarious.<P>Another one I like is Ninety Eight "LS"- my first car (inherited from Mama when I started driving). My buds always said it stood for "Lotsa Seats". That car had too many buttons. Get a bunch of rowdy teenage boys in it, and I had to keep the glovebox locked to keep them from popping the trunk release. My favorite was to unscrew the telescopic wheel release ring and pull the wheel back toward me. Someone in the back who had never seen that before would invariably start hollering about that crazy sob's pulling the steering wheel off!<P>How about all these "Unobtainium" parts we're always looking for? grin.gif" border="0