Need a 1910, Model 10 Piston

JerryVan

Working on a 1910, Model 10, and needing an original, cast iron, standard size piston in good condition. 3-3/4" bore size. Hoping to get a usable piston and not have to replace all 4 with new aluminum ones. Nothing against aluminum, just would be nice to replace the one piston and be done on an otherwise excellent engine.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Pete,

Yes, EGGE used to have many early parts "on the shelf", until several years back when they swept the shelves clean for only the most popular makes/models. They will custom make these pistons, as I understand, but then so will Ross and some others. Was just hoping for a drop-in replacement piston that wouldn't require all 4 new pistons, etc. My thought was that someone out there had an engine rebuilt and might have kept the old cast iron pistons around.

Jerry, I see your point very well. I also think you WILL find that piston, sooner than later! That's too bad about EGGE. There are a few folks that have these auto's and parts that aren't on the computer at all. Try Hemmings, not for the piston, but for a gent that is selling an early Buick and call him. Best of luck, Pete.