parts interchange question

Guest knighthawk

Guest knighthawk

my '67 Toronado needs a turn signal switch, but it needs to be one with both tele and tilt , due to the location of the 4-way button (on the side) So,,,question ; does the Riiviera use this same switch ? As i see there is a switch offered by OPGI for the Riv. Did any other brand of car use the same switch ? Will the Riv switch work ?........thanks

OPGI's switch will not fit the Riv which isn't all that uncommon for OPGI's Rivera line of parts in general. In their defense there are others selling and claiming the same switch will fit the Riv. That switch is for the smaller body cars.

This topic came up recently. Many years ago I got a switch from a 67 Toro for my 67 Riv. It fit and functioned but I recall having to alter something to make it fit. When you mentioned the hazard location that turned on a light bulb. Actually I may have redrilled the steering column cover to relocate the switch button. Just a daily driver so didn't care about redrilling. As far as I know, no one reproduces the Riv switch.

As a Toro owner you may be interested in joining here if not already. Welcome to the Toronado Owners Association Home Page I'm sure someone there could assist you with perhaps more accuracy. Just like Rivs theres not a lot of tech info available and being part of a group who share the same interest can really helps solve those difficult problems.