what are these generators from?

yirgaman

I have 2 generators that I would like to know what they belong to. The first is a 6v Delco Remy with this on the tag; 02709 9K 18. My guess is it's from the '39 Pontiac 6 I used to have - but I'm not sure.

The other one is a Chrysler Corp model CDZ 4801A serial 9T40957. It is a 35 amp 6v generator. My best guess here is late 40's or early 50's. Any help ID'ing these 2 would be appreciated.

Larry Yirga

On the first unit, sounds like you have the generator serial # and not the model #, 39 Pontiac used a Delco #1100003. previous Pontiacs used a Delco 948S.

On the second, perhaps the first letter is a "G", not a "C"? GDZ4801A was used on 39 Chrysler C18, and all 40 thru 48. Also used in DeSoto, Dodge and Plymouth in various years of the 40s.

Thanks for the help, you were correct in that I gave the wrong number for the model#, the Delco Remy model is: 1102709, I thought the fist two ones were scratches. Since it's not '39 Pontiac, and it has a wide belt pulley - I still need to know wht it is for. Thanks for any assistance.

Larry Yirga

Thank you for your efforts!! also thanks for pointing out these numbers are in the Motors Manuals - I'd completly forgot that. I have the manuals covering almost all years up to about 1988 or so. These 2 generators have been in my garage for so long I didn't remember where they came from - I now recall my wife's mechanic uncle passed them on to me when we were cleaning his garage.

Larry