'53 BUICK SENIOR SERIES - POWER STEERING AND BRAKE ASSEMBLIES

Guest Rob McDonald

Guest Rob McDonald

FOR SALE (not mine): Complete power steering and power brake assemblies for a 1953 Buick Super, Roadmaster, or Skylark. All parts are clean but used, not restored. Actual operating condition is unknown but they came from a low-mileage, badly rusted '53 Skylark that was parted out long ago. Been in dry storage ever since.

$350 for Power Steering, $50 for Power Brakes - prefer not to sell separate parts. Located in Western Canada. Seller will crate everything up but buyer must arrange for shipping at buyer's own cost.

Please send me a Private Message for seller's contact numbers.

post-59990-143139203281_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rob McDonald

ZERO RESPONSE. The owner of these rare parts can no longer justify storing them. They will soon be scrapped if no one can be found who needs them. If you do, just offer to pay for shipping to you - he might let them go for free. I will forward your reply.

Guest martylum

Rob-I'm restoring a 53 Roadmaster and have these components on a high mileage car. Not sure yet if they are still good.

I wonder how much to ship the P/S components to the state of PA in the U. S. ??

What's your postal address in Canada. The box is heavy so it would probably be a truck freight item.

Martin Lum

53 Roadmaster

Guest Rob McDonald

MARTY, use postal code T6E 5S2 for a shipping estimate. I just looked up a price from Canada Post, assuming the destination to be Hershey PA, zip code 17033. The maximum size and weight that Express Post can handle won't accommodate the whole assembly but the steering column alone, for example, would appear to cost $460 for a 4-day delivery. Not likely gonna happen.

Please look into other freight options but do bear in mind these are used parts of unknown condition. The owner did fire up the parts car from which they were taken and even drove it around the block, just to see if he could. No roof, no floor, and everything else pretty much see-through because of rust. I hope he saved some pictures!

It would be sad for these parts to be lost, after surviving for 60 years. That's what happens, though, when you're far away from active centres of the car hobby.

• 1 year later...
Guest Rob McDonald
Hi Is the power steering parts still for sell

Yes, both the steering and brake parts are still available. I've sent you a Private Message requesting your email address.