Hershey Rookie Advice

CarNucopia

I'm going to Hershey for the first time this year and was looking for advice on the best way to spend my time. I'm not really looking for any specific car parts, but I'd like to find some interesting Buick memorabilia. I plan to be there some of the day Thursday, and all day Friday and Saturday. Are there any Pre-War Buick things I shouldn't miss? I figure the event is a car-guy bucket list item and I want to get the most out of being there.

Thanks,

SC

Best thing to do is buy a program, sit down with your favorite pencil, and circle the vendors you want to visit by field. The vendors usually have a description of their wares so you can focus on Buick and the years you are interested in. What you do not want to do is go from field to field, stay in one field for half a day and then move to another. Do not pass up a part thinking you can come back, 99% you will be too tired to go back or the part will be gone. You can dicker on price, but do not expect a lot off the asking price. Sit down and have a drink of water every couple of hours. Pace yourself. Carry a backpack to keep your hands free. Put in some water and a few snacks. Wear a hat for sunburn. Have fun. Oh, and bring cash. No credit cards or checks accepted by most.

Guest BigDogDaddy

Don't forget to have a good pair of walking shoes. Something that offers support for your feet. On Saturday you MUST see the car show. Many people return to the show field Saturday afternoon to watch all of the cars leaving the show. It is like a huge parade, and you get to see the cars in motion. Or you can look at it this way...you don't have to walk the show field to all the cars, you can sit down and they will drive by you ! Don't forget to stop by the BCA booth just to say Hi or take a break. The car corral is a must see too. Most of all, just enjoy yourself.

If you have a small hand truck or wagon, it might be a good idea to put it in the trunk. you can always walk back to the car to get it. You never know what you might find, and a little wheeled assistence will be appreciated. Carrying a pair of bumpers back to the car is no fun. Don't ask me how I know!

Look for me on Friday. I'm the guy with the beard.