Consul scuff plate (63-65)

Guest REX STALLION

Guest REX STALLION

Greetings, I am about to install my consul but cant for the life of me remember how the chrome scuff plate attaches. Does anyone have a picture? Thanks, Scott

No picture but perhaps I can explain. There's a turned out corner on it. That turned out corner has a hole in it. A screw through the hole mounts the plate to the floor by the accelerator. The other holes are used to screw it to the console. If that doesn't get it for you perhaps someone will post a picture. Later tonight, I think I can take a picture of both a bare scuff plate and a bare console and then piece them together for a third picture. Gotta' go hang curtains in the new grand-daughter's room now - need to keep mommy and grandma happy.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Scott,

Here are two pictures.

1st picture - a white wire coat hanger was inserted from the back to show the location of the holes in the console.

2nd picture - the scuff plate is positioned using the same white wire coat hanger. (The upper corner has to be finessed around the carpet molding.) The hole in the bent out corner screws to the floor board. The two other screws are screwed directly into the fiberglass.

Hope this helps. Ed

post-50017-14313917098_thumb.jpg

PS: G-ma and mommy are happy. The curtains were going up just as the new baby got home for the first time.

post-50017-143139170973_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)