79-85 Posi Thread in Oldsmobile Section

Guest BJM

I have been searching for one for some time and I have found that Engineered Performance will build one. Jeff said that he would like to build more than one, so, if anyone would like to have a limited slip diff for their 78 to 85 Riviera, Eldorodo , Seville or Toronado give them a call at 404-394-5776 or email them at tech@engineered.net. And tell them Ray sent you.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

79-85 is front wheel drive I have never heard anything like this

I have been searching for one for some time and I have found that Engineered Performance will build one. Jeff said that he would like to build more than one, so, if anyone would like to have a limited slip diff for their 78 to 85 Riviera, Eldorodo , Seville or Toronado give them a call at 404-394-5776 or email them at tech@engineered.net. And tell them Ray sent you.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

It's possible because of the differential being integrated with the transmission, but would take some thought. Evidently, this company has figured out a way to make one and the poster and company are trying to offset the cost by producing a run.

While it's interesting and would probably add performance to a V6 Turbo Riviera or early 350 4 barrel 1979, I know of few people that would mess with a truly fine operating transmission/axle to see if it would work.

Say you had a medium mileage car that blew it's transmission, then this would be a good application. But if you have a nice original car with nothing wrong, it seems a bit chancy to purchase, have professionally installed - to see if the traction and performance are improved. Just my thoughts on the matter.