dyno guess

please give your best guess to the power i am making, i dont know of a dyno in tucson.<P>i have a 72 block, 70 heads w/ stage 1 valves, 10.0 to 1 federal mogual forged pistons, ta performance 413 cam (.500"),<BR>dyna gear dbl roller timing chain, b4b intake, edelbrock 750, hei w/ accel everything, ta performance shorty headers, and 3" exhaust.<BR>this combo runs 14.3 @93.86 mph with a stock th400 and a 3.36 geared limited slip diff in a 4016 puond (with driver car)<P>im guessing about 350 hp, what about you?

According to the calculator at smokemup.com, you have @271 hp at the rear wheels and 339 hp at the flywheel. They have a number of different calculators, give 'em a try.

that ET seems slow for that combo. are you sure of the set up and is there any possibility that the quarter mile time was not your best. <P>i would think that with that set up in the right hands should be in the low 13's at least (on street radials).<P> and as a result, that HP number seems low also. i have seen that combo go much faster and make more HP than that.<P>john

Keep in mind that the "At the flywheel" rating would be similar to the current manufactures Net rating. Up until 1971 American cars were rated by their gross HP without any accessories on the engine. When you switch to net hp you lose 50-60 HP

• 3 weeks later...

Calculations are notoriously inaccurate, they neglect drag, torque converter losses, traction, transmission gearing etc. <P>Forget bench racing calculators and drive it to a road dyno and use it to tune the car not your ego.<P>It's more fun to beat the guy in the next lane with a well dialed in car with low dyno numbers than to lose with a high reading piece of paper.<P>If I had to guess and assuming ideal atmospheric conditions I would say 250-300 at the rear tires, that is a 4000 pd car!