windsheild washer pump diaphragm

Guest rsmalling

Guest rsmalling

Im not talking about the part kit that is readily available. In the pump after you remove the 4 screws and remove the nipple top cover, you will see the pump diaphram. Its like a larger version of an accelerator pump in a carb. Thats what I need to make mine right again. any ideas or sources?

Thanks

Guest rsmalling

I got a Anco xft 61 19 from local parts. Complete pump assy. Should work fine. it was fun installing it with the wiper motor installed on my rivi. :rolleyes: (I put it on yesterday as I was going to blow off the pump parts but thought better of it today.)

Rob,

I had to replace my pump diaphragm a couple years back. I found a washer pump restoration shop that specialized in Corvettes (our Riv's share the same parts). They were able to send me a replacement diaphragm. Corvette Specialties of MD West

The diaphragm has been working since, though I've had to replace the plastic valve 3 times now. The re-pros seem to be poorly made.

Guest rsmalling

Thanks Chuck,

Ill get the parts and fix my orig, I know this new one will crap out soon enough! They always do. I think Ed has the right idea with hooking an electric pump up to the system and be done with it. I just like the sound the originals make when engaged.