1947 76C torque ball sealing ...

bobcanuck

Greetings! From what I read, there is a triangular faced seal which rides against the inner ball tensioned by a flat spring. The unit I am working on has no spring ... what to do? I cannot seem to find one listed in any of the usual places - help!!!

Item #2 .... I received 20 body mount "biscuits" (rubber with a washer imbedded) with a small extrusion which fits into the rail/bracket holes nicely.

Should there be a bottom segment with a metal male segment which fits into the above and provides "proper" tension when the body bolt is tightened?

Thank you for your patience ...

Bob

Guest Straight eight

I think the flat spring you want is called a Belleville washer or spring. You may wish to do a search and check the definition.With the name you should be able to get what you need. It is important that it be installed as outlined in the manual. It puts tension on the seal against the torque ball.

I think the flat spring you want is called a Belleville washer or spring. You may wish to do a search and check the definition.With the name you should be able to get what you need. It is important that it be installed as outlined in the manual. It puts tension on the seal against the torque ball.

Thank you for the info - thatis what I had read in the manual, but no one sems to sell the spring. I'll keep looking.

Once again, thank you

Bob