Have you seen this part on a 65 Riv?

fatbuick

Guest Rob J

That part mounts to the frame from inside the rear side of the front wheel wells. It acts as a splash shield. Let me see if I can dig up an old photo from before I took my car apart.

Here you go, I found a pic. This is a pic of the passenger wheel well. There is one shield for each front wheel well.

DSCN3217.jpg

Edited by Rob J (see edit history)

I just went out and looked at my pile of parts, my car is stripped to the frame right now. I dont have one of those in the pile. I looked at my inner fenders and the splashshields I have in the pic are welded to the inner fenders and have no holes in them. I could be wrong but I dont think thats a 65 riviera part

Guest Rob J
I just went out and looked at my pile of parts, my car is stripped to the frame right now. I dont have one of those in the pile. I looked at my inner fenders and the splashshields I have in the pic are welded to the inner fenders and have no holes in them. I could be wrong but I dont think thats a 65 riviera part

This definitely is a 1965 Riviera part, as all three of my cars have these parts. This part attaches to the frame, not the inner fender well. There will be two holes in the frame, in which this part screws to with short sheet metal screws. See my pic above again.

Also, here is my restored frame now. See the two screw holes to the left.

2002-12-31230000-416.jpg

Edited by Rob J (see edit history)

Guest rsmalling

yeah I have the same parts Im getting ready to put back on as well.

Rob J,

your car is looking great. I love the detail of your work. Its like a factory prototype. :cool:

This definitely is a 1965 Riviera part, as all three of my cars have these parts. This part attaches to the frame, not the inner fender well. There will be two holes in the frame, in which this part screws to with short sheet metal screws. See my pic above again.

Also, here is my restored frame now. See the two screw holes to the left.

2002-12-31230000-416.jpg