Help

I need six pistons .040" oversize for a 1930 Pontiac, and rings too I guess. Whatever happened to all the old cast pistons. All I can find today are forged pistons at almost $200.00 each.

By the way if anyone is interested. The first 38 years my Pontiac went 185,000 miles using just regular oil and changed regularly. The engine neede to bebored out to .020" os. Now 32 years and 320,000 miles later using modern oils and regular changes it needs to be bored out .020" more. So I would deduce that our modern oils are better but by what percentage??? 57%???

Dan..my engine had 185,000 miles when I overhauled it the first time. This time with an additional 320,000 miles (total mileage 505,000) it is only worn the same amount as the first time. Is this because the newer oils are better???

pvstudebak..I am waiting to hear back from them...Thank You

Dan..my engine had 185,000 miles when I overhauled it the first time. This time with an additional 320,000 miles (total mileage 505,000) it is only worn the same amount as the first time. Is this because the newer oils are better???

pvstudebak..I am waiting to hear back from them...Thank You

It might have to do with oil and the additives they put in it now. It might have to do with the parts you used when you did the overhaul. But in either case it makes me happy to see someone that dedicaed to keeping a classic on the road. Keep up the good work.