****ALIGNMENT****

As long as your front end parts are solid it only costs $30-40 bucks for an alignment why buy tools to do a cheap job?

GM Boat, you REALLY should register, you have been around a while!<P>That is exactly why I ask, "What have you done to need the alignment?" <BR>I do alignments at work and there are a few reasons why you would NOT want to mess with it and there are some when you could do a decent job at home, DEPENDING ON THE CARS MAKE AND MODEL!<p>[ 05-06-2001: Message edited by: MARTINSR ]

I am registered I just had cookies turned of and was not logged in at the time I posted I gotta get used to the new format.

I just noticed the post count is down at the bottom, this will be #793, and to think I really do have a life! No kidding, I do! grin.gif" border="0

I don't need an alignment...<BR> I just did one on my buddy's 91 tempo.<BR>It just sucked dealing with the friction of the pavement against the tires. I used to work at the O so infamous pepy boys and was trained in alignments. My buds car looked <BR>like this... I/ ...so I eyeballed it so <BR>is looks like..II .......<BR> I was looking for someone out there who <BR>knows how to tape measure alignments, and any<BR>tips(like plastic bags with grease inside) to<BR>overcome tire friction when aligning...<P> AZ kid

LZRD, you confuse me. You say you were "trained" in wheel alignment, but didn't even use any measureing device? shocked.gif" border="0 I can't for the life of me figure out how you would measure anything more than toe with a tape. Camber, maybe and caster without some sort of tram gauges. SAI is a whole nother matter. <P>As far as the home made slip plates, maybe a couple of sheets of nylon or plastic with grease in between?

The current issue of car craft has an article on it. <BR>To measure toe measure the distance from front tire to front tire at the front and back of a tire. The measurements should be the same. If for instance the front is narrower then it is towed in.<P>To measure camber place something flat across the rim and stick a level against it. The wheel should be level top to bottom. <P>Caster out of adjustment can cause the car to pull but it doesn't wear the tires so I would let it go if it isn't bad.

WELL I WAS FORMALY TRAINED ON A ALIGNMENT-MACHINE(COMPUTERIZED).BUT I WAS SHOWN BY A TECH IN THE SHOP HOW TO DO EYEBALL-ALIGNMENTS.WITH A PROFESSIONAL ALIGNMENT RACK I CAN EYEBALL TOE AND CAMBER RIGHT ON THE MARK. BUT THIS WAS MY FIRST DRIVEWAY ALIGNMENT.<P>I WAS LOOKING FOR A CHEAP WAY TO MAKE SOME HOME MADE SLIP PLATES AND ANY SIMILAR INFORMATION....

WELL I WAS FORMALY TRAINED ON A ALIGNMENT-MACHINE(COMPUTERIZED).BUT I WAS SHOWN BY A TECH IN THE SHOP HOW TO DO EYEBALL-ALIGNMENTS.WITH A PROFESSIONAL ALIGNMENT RACK I CAN EYEBALL TOE AND CAMBER RIGHT ON THE MARK. BUT THIS WAS MY FIRST DRIVEWAY ALIGNMENT.<P>I WAS LOOKING FOR A CHEAP WAY TO MAKE SOME HOME MADE SLIP PLATES AND ANY SIMILAR INFORMATION....