Remove rear quarter window 1953 Super 2 door

WillBilly53

I've been fooling with this for a couple of hours now. I've removed the rear seats and panels. I've removed the pivot bolt as the manual says, but then the manual says to carefully disengage cam from glass sash channel. There are no cam screws that I see (like on the front door glass) It simply wont budge, i thought i could gently wiggle it out but I obviously don't want to break the glass. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anybody else has this problem, I thought I'd post my success: It turns out there seems to be some nomenclature discrepencies with the manual and parts book. In the manual it states to gently lift the glass out of the sash channel. What the manual would call the "sash channel" is actually just the "guide" according to my parts book. There also doesn't seem to be a cam like on the front doors. Once the pivot bolt is out, the window really does just wiggle out, albeit I had to spray a little PB Blaster on it AND I loosened the screws attaching the window regulator. The window regulator seemed to be providing some tension and binding it; keeping the glass from being able to wiggle out. I got both windows out and was able to remove the rear quarter trim. Now, I just need to remove the windshield and back glass and I can start painting the body!

Guest 53Mark

I assume the window was down or at least most of the way down when you did this? The manual says to have them almost fully down but mine is stuck in the up position where I can't even see the sash channel/guide. I'm wondering if there is any way to get it out in the up position.

Mark, I would take a look through the viewport on the inside and see what might be gumming up the works. Mine was indeed in the almost down position and I think geometrically speaking the window has to be like this in order to fully clear everything in the path and be removed. Try loosening up the regulator or even the pivot bolt assembly. Get some PB plaster and spray on the guide and the regulator, it might be simply frozen up a little.