Guest Rob J

Guest Kingoftheroad
Front brakes on Project 65 Rivy before:

2002-12-31230000-257.jpg

After

2002-12-31230000-418.jpg

Looks Great !!

To bad it won't stay that way long...

The drums look great as does the rest of the job. Question: Did you "mike" the linings in the drums to see what kind of material you have left in them? Staying on the topic of how much material is in the steel liner of the aluminum drums, has anyone had the company that's now advertising in the back of the Riview put new liners in their drums? After a while too little material gets to be a safety factor.

Guest Rob J

Thanks for the compliments Ed. Yes, before I had them turned, I mic'd and checked specs. They had plenty of "meat" left on them. They are within the 12.080" spec.

Guest Rob J

The other side, and also checking how the insert photo tool works. I've always just typically used photobucket to serve the pics. Trying this.

post-71306-143139096528_thumb.jpg

The other side, and also checking how the insert photo tool works. I've always just typically used photobucket to serve the pics. Trying this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145659[/ATTACH]

Thanks for pointing out the insert option on the photos, works great! Your car in coming along nicely! Great work. Are you keeping it on budget?

Guest rsmalling

I like the forum features much better. My only problem is my image files are a fraction too big and wont upload here. But I think I can adjust the size down on my camera. not a problem.

Rob,

your car is going to be Super!

:cool:

There are free downloads on the internet. I use one called Photoscape. I can download pictures, resize them, crop them, adjust back ground, brightness, etc. I'm not one of these young guys who was brought up on this stuff so if I can do it, most of you should be able to as well. The one thing I have learned is to make a copy of the original and play with the copy. If you mess with the original and get it to a point where it's too small or the color is wrong, and you save it, you can't go back.

Guest Rob J
Are you keeping it on budget?

So far for the most part, yes. I bought the car cheap enough, and it was a mostly unmolested, 2 previous owner survivor that was fairly well cared for it's entire life. Between it being a rather solid car, the cheap entry price, and me doing most of the labor, I should come out ok value wise. I know at the end of the day I'll most likely have more invested in the car than whats it's worth, but for me the journey is more fun and exciting than the destination, so it's a small price to pay. I plan on keeping this car long term, so I'm fine with things so far. The GS will most likely get sold once I get to it.