3.8 FRONT DRIVE CARS

I HAVE A 1987 GRAND AM WITH A 3.8 STUFFED IN IT.THE CAR CAME WITH A3.0 BUICK.IT RUNS WITH THE 3.0 PULLY & CRANK SENSOR BUT THE TACH READS WAY OFF.??? I HAVE BEEN THREW 2 AUTO TRANS.IHAVE LOCATED A MUNSIE 5 SPEED OUT OF A CAVALEIR BUT I CANNOT FIND A FLYWHEEL.???

I'm not sure going with the manual is the best way to go. I've heard most of those manuals weren't very strong. A better bet would be a th440 auto. Trust me I've tried to look for a flywheel before, and they are very rare. Most Fiero guys buy a new flywheel for a camero and have it ground. This would be in the $300+ range though just for the part.<P><P>------------------<BR>-Keith<P>'87 Lesabre T-type<P>'86 Regal w/350 (still in progress)<P><A HREF="http://members.nbci.com/lesabrettype/index.html" TARGET=_blank>The Lesabre T-type Page</A>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CHAD COMREY:<BR><B>I HAVE A 1987 GRAND AM WITH A 3.8 STUFFED IN IT.THE CAR CAME WITH A3.0 BUICK.IT RUNS WITH THE 3.0 PULLY & CRANK SENSOR BUT THE TACH READS WAY OFF.??? I HAVE BEEN THREW 2 AUTO TRANS.IHAVE LOCATED A MUNSIE 5 SPEED OUT OF A CAVALEIR BUT I CANNOT FIND A FLYWHEEL.???</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>