First SUPERCHARGED Buick

Can anyone tell me when Buick first started using superchargers on their engines? Was it in 1991 on the Park Avenue Ultra 3.8?<p>[This message has been edited by SUPERCHARGED 38 (edited 01-15-2001).]

The first model to have the supercharger was the 92 ultra {park Ave]with the first series 3800. I think it was 175hp std and 220 with the supercharger. Just think of a Reatta with this setup. Buick missed the boat on this one even though they tested a turbocharged reatta, both front wheel and rear wheel drive models. ,.Bill

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I'm trying to document the significance of a 91 ULTRA that I acquired from the Sloan Museum in Flint, MI. It is SUPERCHARGED, built in 7/91, stored in a GM warehouse for 8 yrs. It had 155 miles on it. It now has a little over 3,000 miles, and is still like new. It is kept in climate controlled storage during the winter, and only driven on fair days to car shows, etc. This may be the first SUPERCHARGED BUICK ever.....unless Buick did supercharging earlier in it's history. I'm presently waiting for written documentation from General Motors Headquarters.<BR> I may be selling it soon on e-bay when I get the paperwork. If anyone is interested in this historic vehicle, e-mail me and I'll be glad to send more info or pictures.<P><BR>[This message has been edited by SUPERCHARGED 38 (edited 01-15-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by SUPERCHARGED 38 (edited 01-15-2001).]