Do '65 and '73 Rivieras share the same bolt pattern

Guest hahnster

Guest hahnster

I am trying to find out if 1965 and 1973 Riviera's share the same bolt pattern. i would like to purchase some wheels off of a '73 for my '65 but I can't find anywhere on the internet to verify that they are interchangable. Does anybody know?

Thank you in advance,

- John

Yes, they share the same 5 on 5 bolt pattern. But the `73 wheels are shallower and the inboard side of the rim will fall farther inboard. In other words, if you install the `73 wheels on your `65 be sure the lug nut area seats against the axle flange BEFORE the inboard edge of the rim contacts the brake drum. If the inboard edge of the rim contacts the drum before the lug nut area contacts the axle flange it could give you the impression you are tightening the wheel when in fact the wheel is not yet tight on the axle? End result is the wheel could work loose while driving. Make sense? Clear as mud, right? Good luck,

Tom Mooney

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

Very Good and understandable answer.

Might have averted a very bad issue.

Marty

DADSRIV (NJ)

Guest hahnster

Wow, I think I actually understand it, amazing :). It sounds like I won't really know if this is a problem until I purchase the wheels. I guess I will have to hope for the best and then sell them if I have the problem that is described. Thank you for the education. I could have really hurt myself and MY CAR.