1922 model 35 wiring diagram help

Guest JosR

Guest JosR

Well, I took the car out for an evening cruise and my head lamps popped. I may have reversed a wire on the starter generator. Anyone have a diagram so I can check? There's 3 wires besides the battery positive leading out of the starter/generator Thanks, Jos

Guest JosR

Leif, it looks like your sentence was cut off. Reason I'm asking about the regulator is because by car keeps popping the head lamps. Everything worked find until I used a 12v battery to aid in starting the eninge after i rebuilt it due to it being tighter and needing more juice to spin. I'm afraid I really screwed up this time:eek:. Anyway, I used the diagram you provided and can clearly see that one wire fron the Generator goes to the Ameter. The other two show Field and Static connections where one leads to the coil and the other to the ignition switch. I don't know which is the field and the static connections on the generator though. Any advice would be much appreciated. I can see a resistance coil wire on the back of the ignition switch which looks like it has been warm before. Any idea what its resistance should measure? Thanks you. Jos

The regulator are for over current circuit braker,the resist wire is for the head lights and to cut it down about 1-2 volt on head lights ,it`s 0,7-0,8 Ohm and it needs to be for at least 60 watt or more.And more pictures you can see A and F on the swedish picture.

Bay the way I think you can use a diod insted of resist wire to reduce the voltage about 1 volt.If I remember right a diod need about 0.8-1 volt to open.

Leif in Sweden

post-31268-1431389814_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143138981404_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)