1938 Buick Series 40

Guest Tsmith

Guest Tsmith

I have a 1938 Buick Series 40 that was restored all original completed about 10 years ago. It pretty much sat outside for those years...however I start it about once a month and drive it around some. It is in great shape inside, mechanically appears to be fine. The strt 8 engine was rebuilt and I just had the starter rebuilt. It mainly needs some minor cosmetic touch up to the paint, and exterior trim. The only really bad part about the car is the windows. They windshield and back window have to be replaced..the other windows are fine (not great). There is fender my wife backed into (you can see it in the picture).

It is 4 door with the original gray color paint(it was repainted10 years ago), big white wall tires in great shape and no real rust.

My question is how much would this car be worth? I see sales from 6000.00-25,000.

Thanks for any feedback.

post-61464-143138970954_thumb.jpg

post-61464-143138970986_thumb.jpg

post-61464-143138971015_thumb.jpg

Guest Grant Magrath

Difficult to say. The economy still isn't great, so classic car prices are down, pretty much everywhere. That's one factor. Another is the reduction of the number of available buyers, age, etc. And that's before we even look at your car! Sorry to be so negative! I'd like to see you get $7-10,000. My 2c!

Cheers

Grant

Is that driver's side door post boogered up or is it a reflection? It's hard to tell from the photo but it looks like somethings going on around the strike plate area. Can you get side pics of the engine and also the front of the car?

Thanks,

Joel

I don't think anyone's getting $25K for 38-41's. Sounds like someone trying to get their restoration costs reimbursed, and if they are actually selling, more like $15-18K for a fully restored car. Right now, I'm guessing you could get $6-8K for your car. Engine, dash and grill shots would help if you do put it up for sale As the population who grew up with '30's cars passes, the pool of potential buyers keeps shrinking. These cars are bulletproof. Too bad you couldn't keep it as a daily driver.