1929 Ford Model A Phaeton #1

*SOLD* See our second 1929 Model A phaeton at: http://forums.aaca.org/f119/1929-ford-model-phaeton-2-a-327770.html

This is a great local find, purchased from a long-term collection by a gentleman's wife who simply fell in love with the Model A's considerable charm. Restored perhaps 15-20 years ago and a former MARC Master Restoration Award winner, it remains in very good condition and one of the smoothest-running Model As I've ever experienced. The interior, top, and mechanicals, including the chassis are extremely nice, and it drives wonderfully. Dual sidemounts and a trunk are nice additions, and I'm pleased to see blackwall tires, which look exactly right on a Model A. It shows 7302 miles, which is since the restoration was completed.

The paint has been refinished in the original color of Balsam Green, with a darker green beltline and hand-applied pinstripes. There is some checking in the paint due to age, and we are investigating having the most notable area on the driver's side rear corner refinished. It's puzzling, since the workmanship seems excellent, and perhaps it's just age and the use of an original-style lacquer paint that caused it. Bodywork is straight and clean, with all four doors and the hood fitting well. Chrome and other brightwork is very good with no notable areas needing attention, and the radiator shell is correct nickel plating, not chrome. A quail hood ornament is included, although it currently wears a simple flat cap.

The interior is black Ford leatherette that remains in almost new condition. There's very little wear to any of the seating surfaces, the mats front and rear are excellent, and the matching black top is unmarked. All the gauges are operational, and the car starts quickly with just a bit of choke. It also includes a full set of side curtains, and seat belts have been added at the owner's wife's request for their two young sons.

Mechanically, this is perhaps the smoothest-running Model A I've ever experienced, and most definitely the quietest. The owner reports that the elderly gentleman from which he purchased the car claimed to have spared no expense to bring it up to his obviously high standards, and I suspect that the internals have been balanced and very carefully assembled. It starts quickly and drives like a Model A should, with great torque and that characteristic sound. A modern spin-on oil filter has been added and neatly painted to match the engine block, but otherwise there are no deviations from stock. Transmission action is light and accurate, and the brakes are as good as Model A brakes can get. The chassis looks extremely fresh, and I don't think this car has ever seen the rain since the restoration was completed. As you can see, it's VERY clean.

This is a great Model A that's ready to tour and enjoy this summer. Only $24,900 and we're always open to offers. Thanks!

post-31138-143138954584_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138954588_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138954591_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138954594_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138954598_thumb.jpg

post-31138-1431389546_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138954603_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138954605_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138954608_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138954611_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...