WTB Big Block Throttle Cable

gbiggers

Glen, the throttle cable you are looking for is not available through any means other than off of another car, they are very hard to find in decent condition. Unless you are set on finding any orginal, the best bet is an aftermarket cable from Summitt or Jeg's. I have a 455 in a what was a 350-2 skylark, I am using the orginal 350 cable with a little modification to the mounting on the intake, it looks shaky but it works. Wish someone would repro the orginals, but it would take alot of $$ for the plastice molds etc. Roberta

Hi, I have a brand new cable that i got from poston about 3 months ago. At the time, I bought 2 cables, and I really only needed one. It is supposedly for a 70 gs455, but I put one on and it didn't open the carb to full throttle when the accelerator is to the floor. A little tweaking solved the problem nicely. The cable has a little rust on the metal tube that attaches to the carb, but other wise it is an NOS cable. I paid 50 dollars for it, if you want it for that, its all yours. CARS sold it to me as NOS and didn;t mention the rust... kinda shady, but its past their 30 day return period. If you want it, let me know.<P>Bob