Need for bearings for 31 80 Series

autodeco57

Help!! I just posted my need for carrier bearings for my 31 Model 87 on the Buy & Sell forum. I won't cc the whole thing here, but please look at it if you have big series 31 stuff. I just found out I need carrier bearings at the inner ends of the axles in the rear end. Mayday, mayday, mayday.:eek:

Steve Gorthy BCA #44510

Southern Oregon

1931 Buick Model 87

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, I think I lucked out...I found two of them on eBay using the old Chilton interchange number as a starting point. New Old Stock with the right numbers and they appear to be correct. Verification this week when the gear guy reassembles. I'm getting ready also to have a batch of stuff plated. Do you or anyone else tuned in know how much interchange there is on the chrome tubes that fit vertically under the headlights? I have two base plates and one tapered bottom tube. They're definitely correct since they came off this car. I need to find the upper tubes and nuts for the top at the base of the headlights but I don't know what all might fit. Anybody got hints or hardware? I think I can make convincing replicas of the upper sections if I can find as little as one more of the tapered bottom tubes.

Steve Gorthy BCA #44510

1931 Buick Model 87