WTB - dash pieces for 63

Guest mikeyschopshop

Guest mikeyschopshop

First Post - lemme know if I did something wrong :) I am in need of 3 pieces for my 63 Riv dash assembly. I need the trim plate that covers the heater control levers. The lens for the lamp above the glove box. And the cover that is on the bottom of the dash to the right of the steering column. Pictures of (missing) parts below. Any help is appreciated !!

- Mike

63riviera002.jpg

63riviera001.jpg

63riviera003.jpg

Guest REX STALLION

CARS Buick Parts has the map light lens for $9.50 ,I`ll check tomorrow for the dash lower cover,I think I have a red or blue one.

Guest mikeyschopshop

Thanks Rex - any color will do of course. I couldn't find the lens on CARS website - I'll call them and see if I missed it somehow.

Guest REX STALLION

CARS page 54 online catalog item# ml635. I do have a plastic cover but it has a couple of cracks. If you want it , pay the postage and it`s yours.

Mikey,

Don't forget that when you're looking for some parts, such as your missing cover for the heater controls, that these parts were universal for all big model Buicks for a couple of years. You're not limited to Riviera only stuff.

Guest mikeyschopshop

RivNut - Thanks for the tip. I went to the V8Buick forum and got a bunch of responses. It appears that they made several variations of these. All of the ones that people have offered do not have the openings for the vent controls on the right side - just like the one in the picture you provided. This may be something that is specific to Riviera?!?! Dunno. But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If the car is not equipped with a/c the vents are controlled from that dash panel. If the car is equipped with a/d the slots on the right control the a/c and the vents are opened with a knob under the dash. The slots should be the same for an a/c car and a non a/c car. The only difference in some of the pieces is a place for a rotary dial shaft to come through.

Ed