LH taillamp LENS for 1970 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

I am looking to get a NOS LH taillamp lens for 1970 Electra. (Photo of one is shown below for reference.) Can buy outright, or work trade from my stash of NOS 1970 parts.

Lens part numbers as shown below:

5963505 2nd design lens (LH)

5962579 1st design lens (LH)

Ideally, I'd like a 2nd design, but since my primary need is for the chrome molding on the lens, I would consider the 1st design lens, as well as lenses that have cracked or broken plastic!

NOTE 1: Invariably, someone will ask if I would consider a USED lens. My answer is: Not if it is a typical used part. However, in the unlikely event you have a used lens with a "perfect" chrome molding on it, I would definitely consider it. (However, the next USED lens I see with "perfect" chrome will be the first one.....)

NOTE 2: The chrome moldings on RH & LH lenses are very similar, but are NOT identical. Thus, it is not possible for me to utilize the molding from a RH lenses.

NOTE 3: As a reminder, this lens is unique to 1970 Electra. (1970 LeSabre or Wildcat lenses will not work; 1969 Electra will not work)

post-30901-143138854489_thumb.jpg

Edited by 70 Electra
added NOTE 3 (see edit history)

Guest 70 Electra
OK Greg: I really am rootin' for you here. If I had one it would be yours. HTAC, Mitch

Mitch,

Thanks for the support! Long live '60 Buicks!!!

Guest rilla

I'll check and see if my buddy still has the LH lens for ya. It's used if your interested, here's a picture.

post-78589-143138868005_thumb.jpg

Guest 70 Electra

NOTE 1: Invariably, someone will ask if I would consider a USED lens. My answer is: Not if it is a typical used part. However, in the unlikely event you have a used lens with a "perfect" chrome molding on it, I would definitely consider it. (However, the next USED lens I see with "perfect" chrome will be the first one.....)

Rilla,

Thanks for thinking of me, but in the picture that you posted, I can clearly see that the chrome molding on the lens is badly pitted. (Please see "NOTE 1" above. In order to consider a used lens, it would need to have EXCELLENT chrome.)

Thanks,

Greg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest 70 Electra

and STILL looking.....

Would prefer to buy outright, but would consider trade up/down for some of my 1970 NOS parts

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...