1936 chevy 1/2 ton pickup

bill donnelly

Hi folks,picked up a 1936 chevy 1/2 ton truck,no engine or transmission.I have a 1978 chevy 250c.i. 6 cylinder engine with a turbo 350 transmission.it has side mount motor mount brackets bolted to the block.I know the original engine was mounted on the front,below the timing cover.is there some kind of front mount unit that can be used,without some kind of custom fabrication?for example a stock front mount from another 6 cylinder chevy.looking forward to your reply.thanks Bill Donnelly

You probably wont get much help with wanting to put a late model motor in your 36 since they like them original,the later sixes are a little longer the original so it might be easier to go with a V8. I am not too familiar with the pre 37 motors and dont know if they are about the same length as the 37 to 62 motors that I have dealt with but on a 36 I think you have less room to move the radiator then the 37 and newer,with the motor being a 250 I think you can use one of those crossmember type mounts for a V8 and then use a aftermarket trans crossmember.