63 rear window motor help

Guest 63 rivenge

Guest 63 rivenge

After taking all the nuts off on the drivers side rear window, and everything else I could see,what is holding the motor in place, I can not seem to get this out to replace it. Your help is appreciated

The only way I could do this without losing my mind was to pull the quarter window out,then basically remove everything through the large access hole.This will allow you to bench test the motor and also clean out all the old hardened grease,dirt and debris from the tracks.Then you can re-lube everything.This job is a total PITA!When you are done the window it will fly up and down.Allow yourself a weekend and be patient!Point well taken about the spring tension holding the motor,put a late screwdriver through were you can so it doesn't get ya!

The Riviera Body manual has a section on removing and servicing the quarter window regulator/hardware. There is definitely a sequence in removing the parts. I tried to remove all the guts before I read the manual, and it was a fiasco. After reading the manual, the other side came out fairly simple following the steps outlined. I'm sure reassembly will be a PITA, once the car comes back from the paint shop.