1935 Dodge DU Sedan

Guest mythemi

Guest mythemi

Need some help figuring out what is missing from the bottom back door sills. I just had the interior redone on the 35 DU Touring Sedan which was absolutely bare down to the metal inside. But there is a gap between the door and the step sill of about one and a half inches. Thought everything was there but obviously something was missing. I haven't got my weather stripping yet but if that's what's missing it's a pretty big hunk of rubber which I can't see being visible at the bottom of the door and attached to the step sill. Any takers on this? Thanks.

I have a '36 but the two are simiar. Both the front and rear doors used a bottom doorseal that sealed(and I use that term loosely) the doors to the door sills. The seal was the same profile front and rear. I have seen two different styles. One is a bulb seal about 3/4" in diameter with an 1 1/4" wide flap(looks like a "P"profile. The other is an 1 1/4 " flap with another 1" flap extending from it (looks like a Y profile). The long flap has slots in it and goes between the door panel and the door and is held in by the door panel clips. They provide a moderate degree of protection. The doors also have a rubber seal that fits into a track on the top of the doors. There again,It may not fit real well along the door edge. There is no rubber seal on the door sides, only the cloth windlacing that fills the gap. Rubber seals are available for the Dodges from all the legit antique Dodge parts dealers,and i Worked for the company that acually made many of these seals and I do believe that they are a little bit small. Might pay to experiment a little. Jim

Guest mythemi

Thanks Jim that says allot and I know for sure that was not with my pile of pieces I gave to the upholsterer. I will see if the supplier for the weather stripping has those pieces. You just don't see many Dodges from the 30's at car meets to look at and see what was missing. At least up here in Canada.

Thanks again.

Watch out for some of these deals like on Ebay. I've seen weatherstrip sets for $79.00. Way too much! You're only talking about 12or 13 feet of rubber for a fordor. Any questions feel free to contact me@814-322-4481 Good luck Ps. Did you have your front window channels rebuilt and new beltstrips? I can help with these.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

Guest mythemi

Funny you should say something about the front window channel Jim. Just recently my drivers side window came dislodged and is out of the channel so I have to take the door panel off and see what's going on there. And I didn't have anything done to the windows, but I have to now. Tom

Guest mythemi

The car is in another province right now which is a 16 hour drive but it is warmer and where I spend my summers at. I live up north in Fort McMurray, Alberta. The car i keep is in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada where it is only half hour drive from the USA / Canada border and much warmer. These northern Canadian winters isn,t a place to keep a car. But I will definitely give you a call when I get back there in a few weeks and am ready to tackle it. Thanks. Tom