300 cylinder head

I have 2 or 3 1965 Buick 300 V8 engines for parts. I have the cylinder heads. I could sell just one for $200 plus shipping to you.<BR>It is possible I could have it checked for cracks before I send it to you.<p>[ 07-09-2002: Message edited by: Buick Doctor ]

Guest John Chapman

I've been under the impression all along that the '65-'67 300/2bbl used the same iron heads and intake manifold. The 300/4bbl was a '65 year only. The 340 certainly has a different manifold. Anyone out there have definitive knowledge?<P>JMC

Arthur,<BR>If a 1967 340 head is the same, I have one and would sell for $50 plus cost of shipping and machine shop check for cracks. I think it has a couple of broken exhause bolts.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Michael S.<BR>mbspears@excite.com

Check your parts book. It will cost a lot of money to send it from the states to Holland,so guessing should not be an option.Buick changed some water passages in that era.My parts book shows the 65 300 head all by itself.No pun intended,but have you checked your Hollander parts interchange book?

Guest John Chapman

Old Part Changer and Buick Doc...<P>Thanks for the info. So much for ass.. u.. me! These details might come in handy in the future.<P>Cheers,<BR>JMC

I would have to weigh in with Sean on this one. It has been my experience, also, that the 65-67 300 heads will interchange. I might add that Sean is probably as much of a "300" expert as any Buick lover as attested to by his 12.72 and his accumulated knowledge since I last spoke with him at the Columbus Nationals where he "only" had that 64 "300" running in the low 13 range and has since dropped it into the 12s.<P>Garry<p>[ 07-10-2002: Message edited by: gford ]

ALL OF YOU ARE 100% CORRECT During the time period involved,openings in the head changed,hence a different part # for 65, and 66 up heads.Please look in your parts book and you will find that the part # for 65 head gasket is different than 66 up. Use the rigt head gasket for the head involved,also,dig up your Buick bulletins 1965&1966 and READ them.