Using this forum to push Ebay sales

Thank you friend for seconding this idea, meanwhile I will contact the Citroen and Jag clubs who already have done this and arm myself with the necessary info.

LI Stellite, I can very well see the merit of your suggestion for the single marque clubs, especially if they represent some of the more unusual or obscure makes. However, attempting to provide a shortcut to a very effective search capability provided now by eBay for all vehicles 25 years old or older does not appear to me to be an effective use of our resources. I believe this provides more of a service to eBay than it does for our users, and that is not our mission.

BEWARE OF EBAY, A friend just purchased a 36 ford grille that was advertised as an original newly rechromed and had not been installed on a vehicle since being rechromed. several of us watched the bidding as we were interested. sent e-mail to the seller asking ..... if he was certain that it was an ORIGINAL 36 FORD grille, his response was that it WAS an ORIGINAL. My friend won the bid, paid $1455.00. it turns out to be a poor reproduction that i think was made in south america back in the 70's. He's stuck as the seller said he should have ask more questions and there seems to be no recourse for him thru Ebay.<BR> SO, i guess its buyer beware, if using an online auction service. frown.gif" border="0

A big thank you to everyone who posts links to Ebay auctions. I have bid on some parts for those links, but even more importantly, have been led to the auctions that have pictures of parts that I needed to know what they looked like. Two cases in points. There has been several posts on Volvo overdrive transmissions which some people are installing on old cars, but a link led me to an auction where I got to see pictures of a unit. I also saw pictures of a selonoid for a 6 terminal Packard R-9 overdrive which I needed to see.<P>The beauty of this forum is things are fairly well labeled. If you don't want to read something, don't. Some of the rest of us want to. This hobby is for everyone, not just you!

NOSGM seems to have a problem with simple English. He's not even sure who sponsors this forum. No, NOSGM, its not VCCA. <P>Peterg was asking about the tecnical nature of this thread. It does seem to have its technical aspects. Therefore he wonders if it should be moved to the technical section.<BR>Can you follow that?<P>Krispy Kreme is pure foolishness. If we had a foolishness section it certainly belongs there.

Why not combine the 2? Browse the threads listing collectibe car parts on ebay while eating krispy kremes?<BR>Thus supporting 2 separate business entities.

It isn't right to combine the two threads. You can't get Krispy Creme donuts in El Paso. I can't eat them while reading Ebay links. I do think it should be unlawful to post links to auctions I am the current high bidder on. Maybe we could add a thread regarding franchises you would like to see in your area? There are a lot of good franchises we don't have in El Paso.

You are to be commended for your brilliant foresight regarding franchises.<BR>I for one favor taco bell nachos with gallo red wine whilst browsing online auctions and until 7 years ago regularly included philip morris products in my routine although I find myself lately using some bristol myers items that promote health and regularity, particularly in view of my indulgence of fast food, the true wonder of modern times.