1963 Riviera Frame question

X-Frame

I am still a little fuzzy when it comes to a definitive answer for the 1963 Buick Riviera chassis frame.

I have read that the car was hurried out the door so it used an existing Electra style frame with modified center section length. Others say that it had its own frame from the very beginning. That meaning the widths in front and back between side rails were different than of the regular line Buick's.

Which is correct? Even books showing specs are a bit vague at times. Thanks.

Hi x-frame,

I have a copy of the George Liskey (Tru-Way Company) frame dimension chart. After analyzing it (like I even know how to read it!) it seems to confirm what I have read elsewhere that the Riviera frame is a shortened version of the large car frame. It seems all of the dimensions are the same except for the length.

That probably doesn't answer your question, though. Maybe, it will help.

Hi x-frame,

I have a copy of the George Liskey (Tru-Way Company) frame dimension chart. After analyzing it (like I even know how to read it!) it seems to confirm what I have read elsewhere that the Riviera frame is a shortened version of the large car frame. It seems all of the dimensions are the same except for the length.

That probably doesn't answer your question, though. Maybe, it will help.

I too have the chart but like you, it doesn't answer the question because those charts sometimes are fairly generic.

Maybe someone else will chime in...but thanks for looking!

Eric

• 2 weeks later...