Thoughts on Jamco Suspension on 63

Guest 63 rivenge

Guest 63 rivenge

Hello to all,

How is the lowering kit from Jamco with the basic kit for my 63 Riv. I see the kit goes for $ 399.00 and then you can upgrade to the Bilstein shocks, but for just a weekend cruiser has anyone used these and how is the ride. I just put on a set of Vintique Supremes which sets the car off nice. ( by the way I used 3/8 spacer on the wheels with 3/4 inch shanks on the drivers side I picked up a set of Crager left hand threads so I did not have to change the studs out}

Thanks in advance

Bob

Sounds like a cool ride. It should ride nice but remember that the lower you go, the smoother the roads need to be. :D How low are you going?

As long as the shocks match the springs, you shouldn't have any problem with the suspension bottoming out under 'normal' driving conditions.

Lowered cars can't attack speed bumps at speed, pot holes are the enemy, and steep incline driveways are tough.

Knowing all that, I ordered the 3" kit and am willing to live with it. My car is meant to cruise, not be a g-machine. Slow N Low.

Any shots of your car? How do you like their version of the Supremes? What is your combo?

Mike

Guest 63 rivenge

Thanks Mike,

just like you said slow and low...........The Vintique Supremes do set the car off, It is Artic White with Black Leather only 44k on the car, I had the Dynaflow done over 100% ( little pricey) but what the hell ,what good was it with a leaky trans.........on the other hand I just want to enjoy the car, I had to many "Show Cars" that I put on a trailer and never enjoyed. I have a hard time posting picks on this site for some reason, trying to figure it out . Next step after the Jamco , a nice set of Magnaflows, whats on it now has this annoying rap to it..........thanks for your reply

Regards

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
Guest middleman

Went the Jamco route myself just two months ago. Bought the 2" all around lowering kit. Biggest lesson for me was that the lowering shocks were completely unnecessary. Factory shocks will compress enough for you and if you do put their lowered shock on you'll have to unscrew them at the bottom bolt each time you want to take a rear wheel off.

This of course was using the 2" set. Not sure about how different the 3" set up will act.

Have you guys had to remove the rubber bump stops on your front suspension when lowering? I have one on and one off and the one still on has very little travel before bumping...

Sorry, but this thread reminded me of an old Beastie Boys song, so I had to post.

Beauty. That song came up on my iPhone today, which I'm listening to on Shuffle. Nothing like the "Boys" coming between King Crimson and Floyd.

Bob - if you have some shots you want posted, I'll gladly post them for you. Take my username here and add @gmail.com to it to email them to me and I'll post them if you want. Just mention in the email that's why your sending them to me so I remember.

-BEPNewt

Guest 63 rivenge

Middleman........so how does the car ride with the 2 inch drop, what was the turn around time after you placed your order, I was on hold with them today for 20 min, then gave up

Thanks

Bob

Guest middleman

Another variable in my height and ride situation is that I am sitting on 235/60/15's on all four corners that make the car even lower than 2" from factory. Coupling that with an exhaust job that is a tad lower than I would prefer and tips that exit just in front of rear wheels forces me to drive VERY aware of quality of road under my Riv.

I found the final drop to be about 1/2-1" too low in the rear so I gained a little height back (1/2") by placing some small rubber coil spacers in the rear end.

That being said I love the stance of the car now and it's ride is still comfortable enough for my Sunday driving.

The turn-around time from Jamco was maybe 3 weeks filled with little to no communication on their end but a product I enjoy. I would use them again but not if time was an issue.

Pics on the way as I'm refurbishing rally wheels right now!