'68 Toro turn signal question ...

bobcanuck

has tilt/telescope. The plastic "nubs" on the signal assembly under the steering wheel are worn to the point that the turn signal will not stay engaged ... yes, I was able to finally remove the cover with a slide hammer !!!!

Other than spending a child's ransom to buy a complete new harness etc, is there a way to utilize more generic parts to correct this problem? Any/all suggestions are appreciated ...

thank you,

Bob

Guest TxGr8White

I had the same problem with my '67 Toro with Tilt/tele and side marker lights. From what I have been told, it is the tilt/tele that has the unique switch- and they are as common as hen's teeth. Every once in a blue moon, you might come across one on eBay - I did after a 2 year search, and it was a bit pricey ($205), but looks and works perfect.

Guest fmbjogger

I've had to replace mine ( tilt/telescopic) in a '67 98. After searching high/low for several months I found it easier, and I suspect cheaper, to replace the entire column. I had to match the paint but other than that, no sweat. I'd suggest looking at that option.

post-70980-143138803047_thumb.jpg