'90 Coupe - Fuse No. 2 Blows, blows, blows

Guest Kingsley

Guest Kingsley

With Connector 200 disconnected in order to narrow the number of problem areas, would appear that the problems are now limited to the vanity, dome and footwell lights. Do not think these are usual problem areas - S209 is a bugger to access.

Any ideas?

Just a quick look, if you pull the "courtesy lights relay B relay from the micro relay center and still blow fuses. With c200 disconnected the only other grounds I see come from the vanity mirrors themselves.

For the vanity mirrors remove the three screws that hold the visor to the roof and let them hang down. The ground for the mirrors in the visors come from one of the three screws so that would eliminate the visor lights.

If you still blow fuse two I am guessing you have a short somewhere.

Let us know.

Jim

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

Guest Mc_Reatta

Does this rascal have a sunroof or any aftermarket electronics installed at one time? No obvious items jump out as a problem area with C 200 disconnected.

Guest Kingsley

Jim and Mc_Reatta - thanks.

Turn signals work so I had more or less passed over the relay B but will now check it.

Have had this problem on an intermittent basis ever since I took out an afermarket non-working alarm system so will be going back under that left side to look for a short. It is the only area that has been disturbed.

I find C200 interesting. Do not have my notes in front of me but believe I have 29 pins out of a possible 56 in place with 7 of them hot with key in "run" position and only 1 hot with key in "on" position. With exception of Fuse2, all other fuses and circuit breakers are okay.

Naturally, with C200 disconnected the theft deterent system is inoperative so car will not start.

I will keep this thread alive until the problem is remedied.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Since that fuse is hot all the time, it would be attractive for tapping into for installing that aftermarket alarm system. Don't think the FSM is going to help much in finding this problem. Need to look for wiring that doesn't look like factory.