'28 President FB. Can anyone name these body panels please?

Guest dalestern

Guest dalestern

Alright my friends, I'm still a bit confused about the various names for the different sections of the car for the late 1928 FA, and FB Presidents, as well as the GH Commanders of that years body style. "The Antique Studebaker Review" for May/June 2002 has a great chart for the 1928 FA & FB colors. Here is what it states for my FB 5 pass State sedan with a 121" Wheelbase :

1.Side (Upper) - Granite Gray

2.Side (Lower) - Sierra Gray

3.Belt Panel (Antique) - Meadow Green

4.Reveals - Sierra Grey

5.Moulding - Granite Gray

6.Fenders - Granite Gray

7.Instrument Board - Meadow Green/Granite Gray

8.Garnish Mouldings - Granite Gray

9.Garnish Door Panels - Granite Gray

10.Wire Wheels (Entire) Meadow Green

11.Cushion Retainer - Capri Green

12.Roof Color - Granite Gray

Then it has a section for Striping, which for my car reads as such:

13.Mouldings - Ivory

14.Under Moulding - Apple Green

15.Reveals - Apple Green

16.Hood Louvers - Apple Green

It's not the colors that I want to know about so much (but I really do), it's the body panels that they are referring to. I've asked several President owners of this period, but they had different and contradicting answers, so I'm thinking that we all need to learn this one. Now is the anyone that can explain, and identify all of those 16 parts of the car. OK, I know what the #s 6.Fenders, 7.Instrument board, 10.Wire Wheels, 11.Cushion retainer, and 12.Roof color are, but after that, I'm lost. And what about the "striping section" for the 13.Mouldings, 14.Under mouldings, 15.Reveals, and 16.Hood Louvers. I'm assuming that's for pin striping for those panels that I can't identify. Winner earns my deepest respect, and gratitude, as well as everyone else's I'm sure. Of course, you'll let me know if that's not enough. Thanks to all. DS

Edited by dalestern (see edit history)

Guest Good Old Days

Hi Dale!!

Still struggling about your colors?!!

Her some pictures from our all original 1928FB, hope it helps you a bit on the way!

Regards,

Carine

post-56819-143138800505_thumb.jpg

post-56819-143138800508_thumb.jpg

1.Side (Upper) - Granite Gray (main side body panel, areas above belt line, or main moulding around body)

2.Side (Lower) - Sierra Gray (main side body panel, the largest areas)

3.Belt Panel (Antique) - Meadow Green (I'd say same as moulding, it's the raised area that runs around body a few inches or more under windows, and part of it might wrap around part of top of car)

4.Reveals - Sierra Grey (reveals are the indented metal area directly around each window)

5.Moulding - Granite Gray (same as belt panel, see above)

6.Fenders - Granite Gray

7.Instrument Board - Meadow Green/Granite Gray

8.Garnish Mouldings - Granite Gray (the inside pieces around window, that hide edge of door and quarter panel upholstery)

9.Garnish Door Panels - Granite Gray

10.Wire Wheels (Entire) Meadow Green

11.Cushion Retainer - Capri Green

12.Roof Color - Granite Gray (same as lower and upper body sides)

hope that helps