70 GS 455 4 speed convertible value

Hi Guys, I'm considering purchasing a 70 GS 455 convertible 4 speed. The car is original, however it has been painted in the past and is currently very rusty. The car will need a new frame and floor pans including all the bracing. The motor and rear end are original and it runs excellent. the M-21 trans has been replaced, but it shifts nicely. The interior is black and needs to be done over but is complete. It even has the 4 speed consolette. The hood is in decent shape as is the trunklid(no rust). The convertible top frame and the windshield frame are nearly perfect, with no sigh of rust. There is also no rust at the base of the windshield. Car has the original 14 inch wheels and they are in decent shape. The GS grill has a small piece missing in the middle of the mesh area, but is OK.. Along with the car, the seller has a NOS radiator support and 2 almost NOS front fenders that were on a car , but never actually painted, and 2 very nice doors. He also has a hardtop that would be able to donate the floors, bracing and rocker panels. He has documentation from the Sloan museum about the car and the original title for the car from the original owner. I know this car is one of 126 4 speed convertibles. I guess what I need to know is how much is the car worth in this condition(keeping in mind the extent of the bodywork needed???

You dont want this car entirely to much work to be done onit!!!! So do yourself a favor and send me this guy phone no. Hee hee. Just kidding sound like a good car to restore and will hold its value. As for as price depend on options and con. and you desire to owe it. If he didnot want and arm and a leg i would purchase it!!! good luck John rolleyes.gif" border="0

Grab it! But think about getting a Skylark Convertible from California to be a donor, you will be way ahead money and time wise.<BR>I had the same scenario in mind when I bought my 4-speed Wildcat convert. I ended up with 2 extra rusty convertible bodies, not worth fixing for that rare of a car. Finally bought a CA car, rust free worthy to be a donor. I know this sounds bad(=expensive), but in the end you will have a car thats great not a fixed up rusted car.<BR>I have them too! <BR>Good Luck!