HELLO EVERYONE

Guest 1963 Riviera

Guest 1963 Riviera

Hello Everyone,

I have just taken possession of a 1963 Rivi. (talk'n the talk already). My first, and first collectors car. I cannot tell you how excited I am. It started by finally getting around to owning an American classic. I was thinking Camaro, Impala, Mustang, when BANG I stumbled across this beautiful car I did not even know existed. I was always aware of the 70's Boat tail as a friend of mines Uncle owned one back in the day, but had never seen or heard about the 60's models. I was lucky to have purchased in Australia and therefore avoided the shipping costs and everything that goes with importing a car.

SHE IS A BEAUTY!. She is a second generation (The speedo goes up to 140 mph) please correct me if I am wrong about this. Teal Mist with Black leather/Vinyl Trim..Loaded with Extras...Thanks to the Internet and this forum (YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING) I have learned a lot about RIVIERA WORLD.

So Hello again you will be seeing alot of this :confused: from me

Nick

Hi Nick and Welcome to the forum.

Your story is shared by many here who were looking for an alternative to the mainstream classics and found the Riv's combination of power and luxury attractive. This happened to me 33 years ago but the conditions were the same as yours.

Good luck with your car and post a pic or two when you can.

In the unlikely event you haven't realized it already, consider membership in the Riviera Owners Association. Welcome to the Riviera Owners Association Homepage. Since Riv tech info and parts are not as readily available as is for the mainstream cars, the membership will pay for itself many times over.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Guest carlbraun

Hello Nick

Welcome to the Rivi Forum...you'll learn a lot of good stuff about your car here.

Part of the initiation process is the posting of pictures of your Riviera...sounds like a great color combination.

Good luck and welcome to the hobby