Need Socket for lock nut on TC Maserati

Guest ljmoss48

Guest ljmoss48

i have MANGEL rims on my 1990 TC, compliments of the previous owner. When changing a tire, my husband lost my socket to my lock nuts. I am assuming that the lock nuts are standard on the TC and where not added. Does anyone know?

Guest Jim_McNally

Ditto for both of mine, and for all the others I've ever seen. I'm afraid they are aftermarket, and you'll need to figure out who made them to see if you can get a replacement. Maybe check with a local high-end tire store to see what they suggest.

Jim

Guest My TC Toy

Here's a suggestion that worked for me on my wife's GT. The local Chrysler dealer had a copy of all the Chrysler supplied tamper proof nuts. And, believe me, I couldn't believe the various styles that were available at one time or another. Anyway, after some searching we found the correct "key" socket and at least were able to remove the lugs from the car without any damage. I then purchased a new set of lugs and was on my way again.

Hope this works for you, it's worth a try. Good luck.

Bob

Guest BarelyFit

Locking wheel nuts I found are just about worthless as a deterrent to theft of ones wheels.

I had a blowout on my passenger front coming back from the bay area. Got towed off the freeway and AAA asked for the key. It was gone. He said no problem "mind if I just break it off ?" I said nope I gotta get on my way. He slapped a regular socket over the 'locking" wheel lug, hooked up his impact wrench and bingo off it went. Hooked up the spare ran four nuts to home. The locking wheel lug did'nt even really slow him down.

Take it from there.

Guest My TC Toy

The only "locking" wheel lugs I am familiar with are ones that spin freely when locked, requiring the key to engage the lug to the core or the ones with the patterned socket on the face of the nut. Anything you can snap off with a lug wrench is seemingly useless.