Door Hinge Removal on '25 Touring rear door

MikeC5

Anyone have any experience on how to remove the lower hinge on a '25 touring car rear door? These are the hinges that are visible from the outside. I was able to carefully persuade the 3 screws out but the hinge won't come out of the slot. The hinge is loose; it can be wiggled slightly up & down but that's it. I've got it soaking with some penetrating oil overnight for another try. Is there anything I'm missing here?

29/30 same thing, remove the screws and wiggle it out, what happens often is people try and pull one end out at one time instead of pulling the top out a little and then the bottom a little. They must come out together or they wont come out.

I am sure penetrating oil will help break up that rust scale.

I think I misunderstood the post but is not worth deleting as the info still sticks somewhat.

Not the same animal because of year differences but I wouldnt be surprised if its the same procedure, looks like you know bodywork so I am assuming you have already looked to make sure someone hasnt welded the hinge in place.

Hopefully someone here will have someting else to add.

I did get the hinges out tonight. It turns out the hinges have countersunk holes and the stamped countersunk holes in the inner door skin fit within the hinge countersinks. The threaded piece behind the hinge flange is welded into the door structure and you actually have to force the hinge out by prying the hinge and deflecting the structure enough to let the nested countersinks slide past each other. Got it?