23 Buick Roadster Conv 6 cyl

Guest pssmls

Need to replace the top material on my roadster. I have all of the hardware. Need to know what material I need - also need to know of a shop near Salt Lake City or Provo, Utah that is capable of doing the top correctly.

Also need to know what mechanism attaches to the two lock push down rods. I have the locks and the rods, but need the parts that attach the two together.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Paul S

Dave Coco, Trimacar on this forum, did an excellent, first class job on my 23 McLaughlin Buick. Of course he is a bit far from you, he is in northern VA, but you might want to contact him for advice. He is always willing to help.

He used a Haartz product called Stayfast. They are the leaders in the industry. Great material. Here is link.

The Haartz Corporation - Cloth Convertible Topping

By the pins do you mean the two on either side of the windshield posts? If yes, then the top is fastened down with two L shaped bolts that clamp the top corners to the pins. The pins have a little detent in them so the bolts will not slip out at speed.

Here are a couple of pics of my completed top that Dave did.

post-48480-143138739175_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138739191_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138739207_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138739221_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the information about the convertible top material and the person in VA that does them.

Regarding the lock pins, I am talking about those pins that you push down to lock the doors. I need to know what the parts are that attach those pins to the actual lock/striker mechanisms inside the doors.